Friday, August 3, 2012

Some Fun Veggie Ideas

Here are photos and descriptions of things I made before my trip to France.  Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly how I did any of this stuff, so no recipes.




Easy Zaatar-Style Flatbread




I took the leftover dough half from making this pizza out of the fridge and divided it into two halves, then left each on a floured surface for about 30 minutes to warm to room temperature.  I heated a large cast iron pan with some olive oil, then stretched out each dough and put one at a time into the hot pan.  I then sprinkled the surface with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dry thyme, salt, pepper, and more olive oil.  Flip it after one side is cooked, most of the spices should stay on the bread.  When it's cooked, remove from pan, let it cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!




Veggie Stir-Fry




I heated a nonstick pan and fried up some onions, then added zucchini.  After, I added leftover roasted new potatoes and fennel, plus some chopped collard greens.  The fennel had such a nice flavor that this didn't need much additional spice.  Yum.




Baked Polenta with Chard, Mushrooms, and Cheese




I more or less followed this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Baked-Polenta-with-Swiss-Chard-and-Cheese-107270, except I used 1.5x the amount of polenta cooked in chicken broth, as well as added baby bella mushrooms.  The result was a bit bland, so I'd add a significant amount of fresh herbs next time.  I'm thinking thyme or oregano would work particularly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment