Wednesday, June 6, 2012

CSA Box #1

I decided to join a CSA this year, given that fresh local veggies really excite me and I'm going to be around Somerville for most of the summer.  A couple months ago, I started researching different CSA options around Cambridge/Somerville and finally decided to go with Enterprise Farms.  I was particularly excited by the longer growing season, promise of fruits, and the small share option.  I was hoping to find a CSA that offered an egg share, but nothing was close to Davis Square.  Kickass Cupcakes, where I pick up my weekly box, does sell some beautiful local eggs.  Hooray!


Today I picked up my first box, which looks like this:



The box contains Rhubarb

                  
 Strawberries





Greenhouse Tomatoes



Red Kale



Bok Choi



Radishes



Romaine Lettuce





Now comes the fun part.  What am I going to do with all this beautiful stuff?


Tonight, I needed to use up the rest of the food in my fridge to make room for all the new beautiful items.  So, I made this.


For dessert, I dipped the strawberries in chocolate.  Mmmmmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment